Thank you for Hannah’s Book Reviews for tagging me for this.
- Link back to the original creator, Phoenix @Books With Wings
- Thank the person who tagged you
- Answer all the questions
- Tag at least 4 people
Part one: Beginning of the year
- A book that you were really excited for- A Christmas Treasury. I had this book since last Christmas and was really looking forward to reading it.
2) A book that started out really well- A Darker Shade of Magic. After one paragraph, I really got into the series- literally. That is how I knew
Part two: the world goes on hold
3) A book that had an unexpected plot twist- there were lots of plot twists in the Shades of Magic Trilogy. SPOILER: in A Conjuring of Light, the final story, had a plot twist I didn’t see coming. I discovered Lila is an Antari and saw a change in Holland I never saw it. I didn’t really like Holland that much in the first two weeks, but in A Conjuring of Light, I learned to like to him more, and unexpectedly, he was most responsible for destroying Osaron
4) A book where you felt like nothing happened- I can think of multiple books that can fall under this category. I felt that way with Pride and Prejudice- I was like “there is no plot”.
5) A book where two main characters were separated (quest, disease, forbidden, etc….)- I thought of the Harry Potter Series for this one. More than once, the trio was separated- the trio is one of my favorite friendships.
Part three: The world tries to reopen (and begins a second wave of the pandemic)
6) A book in which the characters made a bad decision- Hmmm, I am thinking of Lord of the Rings. Due to the burden of the ring, Frodo does make bad decisions- as in trusting Gollum in the first place.
7) A book with an impatient/overly eager character- this is really hard for me to think of
Part four: The world adjusts (not sure this ever actually happened but…I’ll bend this a little)
8) A book in which the character’s goals change midway.- this sounds strange to say, but all I can think of belongs to one of my book. Norg’s goals do change midway- originally, he was acting as a secondary antagonist. but after a certain incident with Sarge, his goals changed. He went from Sarge’s spy to becoming enemies with him to siding with the Fairy Frogs.
Part five: The end and looking forwards
9) A book whose sequel you really anticipated/are anticipating- well, so far all the sequels I want to read have already been out. What I am thinking of is Nevermoor: Hollowpox, that book debuted this year. However, I have to wait till all the Nevermoor books go to paperback- looking forward to reading the entire series
10) A book whose sequel was better than its original- never really thought of this. Don’t know if I actually can think of one
11) A book that you read just to finish it (didn’t like it but wanted to finish it anyways)- Anna Karenina. I didn’t think Anna was the main character at all. I only finished it anyway due to a subplot I was enjoying- the Levin and Kitty story.
In addition, I tag anyone else who would love to do this tag.